Maintaining oral cleanliness while improving your smile may not seem easy. However, if you’re a patient at Oak Grove Dental Center, we may use inlay and onlay restorations to make this a reality. These dental restorations, commonly called “partial crowns,” are employed in certain situations where tooth damage has occurred. These can be used instead of conventional fillings, significantly restoring major tooth damage. There are yet more advantages to inlays and onlays. Receiving partial crown restorations has a lot more advantages. Let us explain the advantages of working with our team to get these repairs!
The Variety Of Advantages Associated With Inlays and Onlays
Inlays and onlays have been a staple of the dental restoration toolset for many years. Patients wishing to enhance the health of their smiles frequently need to realize the full benefits of this, though. The advantages of employing inlays and onlays to meet your dental repair needs are outlined here.
- Natural whiteness: You won’t need dental strips or whitening rinses to return your teeth to their former radiant state. These restorations are constructed of composite resin, porcelain, and gold. They replace the missing stunning whiteness of your teeth and repair any damaged or decaying areas. After obtaining them, you must preserve their attractiveness with regular oral hygiene practice.
- Longer lifespan: Another advantage of the material used to make partial crowns is that it is strong and long-lasting. If properly cared for, these repairs can last a lifetime. They are secure and strong enough to prevent removal from surviving typical use.
- Protect against decay: The susceptibility that dental decay provides to the softer components of your teeth is one of the worries accompanying it. Inlays and onlays seal the weakness in your teeth’s structure, preserving good tooth material while guarding against additional decay or injury.
- Increased strength: The strength and durability of your natural dental tissue can be increased by using inlays and onlays and restoring its form and function. On the other side, amalgam fillings can reduce the strength of your teeth by 50%. It has been demonstrated that inlays and onlays can boost your teeth’s strength by up to 75%.
- No expansion: Traditional fillings are prone to growing and shrinking over time, which is a little-known danger connected with them. As a result, the fillings may lose their integrity and need to be replaced. Due to the substance, they are made, inlays and onlays made of gold, porcelain, and composite resin do not undergo expansion.
- Save money on dental procedures later: You can minimize future dental expenses by spending money on an inlay or onlay. By selecting this restorative dental technique, you select a long-lasting and incredibly durable remedy for tooth damage. Additionally, you are enhancing and increasing the lifespan of your teeth at the same time. By obtaining inlays and onlays, you dramatically lower your risk of developing more tooth damage, which might necessitate further dental appointments, procedures, and restorative dentistry.
Partial crowns from Oak Grove Dental Center might help you save money.
You want long-lasting remedies while trying to rebuild the strength and structure of your teeth. Additionally, you want ones that fit your budget and are accessible. Along with a host of additional advantages, these restorations are frequently far less expensive than conventional filler and crown options. Call us at (503) 654-9521 to learn more about our dental restoration services in Milwaukie, Oregon!