Dentists know that caring for a patient’s teeth is a complex process and important responsibility. From your first visit, they’re preparing for a lifetime of providing dental care for you and your family. This process involves selecting preventative care techniques, treating diseases, and preparing for restorations. It also means knowing what the best products are to achieve their goal of lasting oral health for their patients. Some of the companies they rely on will be familiar to you. We’ll introduce you to the ones that make the products that your oral health relies on.
How Dentists Identify A Trustworthy Brand
There’s more to successfully completing a procedure than using the right techniques. While this is an essential part of it, the products used during the procedure also matter. Like professionals in any field, dentists like to debate the merits of the products available to them. As a result, there’s no singular consensus on the best brands to use. Despite ongoing discussions about the merits and flaws of each option, a few brands appear in the top lists without fail. These brands each have a history of exceptional quality and reliable results. These qualities mean that dentists can rely on them to provide the kind of outcomes their patients need.
Deciding on which product to use involves considering a few traits, the most prominent of which are:
- Safety – If a product isn’t known for being safe, it isn’t going to be used in your dental office. This makes safety the most important consideration when it comes to how your dentist selects brands and products to use.
- Material Composition – There are numerous varieties of every product type on the dental market. This is due, in part, to the proprietary nature of the ingredients they use. While they may make the ingredients in their products (if not the quantities) known, an ADA or FDA seal of approval is necessary. Without knowing what’s in the product and having these organizations stamp on them, your dentist won’t use them.
- Success Rate – Second only to safety, a product’s success rate is essential. The standards on these products are high, with dentists only using those that have a failure rate of 5% or less. The majority of dentists won’t use anything that has greater than a 1% failure rate.
These three factors are central to ongoing conversations in communities where dental practitioners meet. Both online and at conventions, the topic of which product and brands to rely on has a constant presence. Some of the brands that are most well regarded are:
- 3M Adhesives: Renowned for their bonding agents, dental adhesives, and dental cement, 3M is a go-to for many dentists. Their adhesives are reliable and long-lasting and are used in multiple industries.
- Pulpdent: Pulpdent is one of the preferred brands for restorations, in part due to its use of bio-reactive materials.
- Dentsply Sirona: Anesthetics, tooth polishers, and prophylaxis materials are the standby of this fluid-delivery system specialist.
- Straumann: Located in Germany, Straumann produces materials that dental labs use in crowns, implants, and dental bridges.
- Kor: When it comes to dental whitening, Kor is the brand that most dentists rely on for their products.
Speak to Your Dentist About The Products They Use
During your next dental visit, you can speak to your dentist about their preferred products. You may discover that they use the same brands you do for caring for your dental health.