A CEREC® restoration is an all ceramic CAD/CAM milled crown or onlay (partial crown). It is made with a very precise 3-D digital camera that creates an image of your tooth. After your tooth is prepared and the image is taken, Dr. Speer will design your tooth using state-of-the-art software. It is then milled from a solid block of porcelain, adjusted to your specific bite, glazed (like pottery), and cemented in place. This is all completed in about two hours and requires no messy impressions.
What is CEREC®? CEREC® is an Acronym
- Chairside: The technology is in the dental operatory and used while you are in the chair
- Economical: The procedure is economical for both dentist and patient
- Restorations: The procedure restores your tooth to its natural beauty, function, and strength
- Esthetic: The restorations are metal-free and tooth-colored
- Ceramic: High-strength ceramics are used that are close in composition to your natural tooth structure
For an advanced dental restorative system that allows Dr. Speer to restore decayed teeth, place crowns, remove defective amalgam fillings, or place cosmetic veneers in just one appointment. This allows you to have the highest quality, most lifelike dental restorations in just one visit to the dentist…in, out, and on with your busy life.
The state of the art CEREC® system was developed in 1985 at the University of Zurich in Switzerland by a dentist, Dr. Werner H. Moermann, and an electrical engineer, Dr. Markus Brandistini. Today, CEREC® 3 with CEREC® 3D software is still the world’s only chair side dental CAD/CAM restorative system.
CEREC® is a registered trademark of Sirona Dental Systems. Text and images from sdcerec.com